Current Job Openings
- Grants Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Compensation: Competitive Salary and benefits
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, and 403B Retirement Plan with 10 days of annual vacation accrual, 11 paid holidays, 2 personal days, and paid sick leave.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation promoting social and economic equity to preserve and enhance economically and culturally diverse communities through affordable homeownership, business development, and community advocacy. We develop affordable housing, offer first-time homebuyer counselling and education, and provide loans to qualified homebuyers. We work closely with residents, small business, and community-based organizations to foster equitable economic development in Southeast Seattle.
The primary responsibility of the Grant Manager is to support the sustainability of the organization by researching and identifying grant opportunities, writing and submitting quality applications, tracking and reporting on grant outcomes in a timely manner, and maintaining relationships with funding partners.
The Grants Manager works collaboratively across departments to determine funding needs and gaps, sets goals and develops a comprehensive resource development plan to guide annual fundraising efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grant Research, Writing, and Reporting:
- Develop a sound understanding of HomeSight’s mission, programs, products, and services in order to identify potential sources of revenue and prepare grant applications.
- Monitor funding needs of the organization by working collaboratively with program departments.
- Research and prospect grant opportunities.
- Compile, write, and edit funding applications in accordance with each funder’s guidelines, deadlines, and expectations.
- Prepare and submit applications and requests to public and private sources for funding, investments and grants.
- Prepare quarterly and annual grant reports, including progress and production reports required by funders.
- Track repeating grants and cycles of all grants and work collaboratively with others to fulfil application and reporting requirements within deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of grant writing experience or 5 years of grant writing experience.
- Excellent written communication skills required; persuasive writing skills and/or grant writing experience.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, track and coordinate multiple tasks and influence and motivate others to do so on grant related work.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
Must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Ability to interact effectively with other staff members and external funders and stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and creativity in preparing grant applications.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to develop, write and implement grant funding plans and implementation strategies and other planning documents.
- Experience with culturally and economically diverse communities, preferred.
- While this position is primarily Monday – Friday, 9 - 5
- Occasional travel with notice may be required to identify market needs and represent HomeSight
Please submit resume and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HomeSight is an equal-opportunity employer with a very diverse staff. We seek to recruit, retain, and advance people of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact.
HomeSight is a non-profit community development corporation promoting social and economic equity to preserve and enhance economically and culturally diverse communities through affordable homeownership, business development, and community advocacy. HomeSight Community Development believes in an integrated approach to creating thriving communities. We develop affordable housing, provide first-time homebuyer education and counseling, and make loans to qualified buyers. We serve communities of color and SE Seattle residents and, in addition to developing affordable homeownership options, we work closely with resident and business groups in Southeast Seattle to advance equitable economic development. Through these efforts, we look to build shared prosperity within these communities and prevent/alleviate inequitable and isolating development.