HomeSight has a strong and successful track record of working to increase capacity of community organizations and foster development of neighborhood leaders so they can effectively participate in shaping their community’s goals and vision. In addition, HomeSight supports efforts to improve the safety and attractiveness of the community. In the past, these communities have been underrepresented and received less investment than other Seattle communities. HomeSight is supporting these groups with the goal of increasing their visibility and their collective voice.
Co-Operative Information Community Meeting
HomeSight is building an affordable homeownership co-operative. Come learn more about the financial aspects of this low downpayment, affordable homeownership opportunity. Check out the design, and help us name the building! Food, beverages and interpretation services will be provided.
Thursday, November 1st from 3-5pm at the New Holly Gathering Hall located at 7054 32nd Avenue South in Seattle.
In the past few years, HomeSight has helped:
- support the development of 9 community organizations,
- facilitate 5 beautification & infrastructure improvement projects,
- manage the development of 3 cultural centers,
- cultivate 40 new community leaders,
- support 4 local business associations,
- organize groups to advocate for resources and have a voice in neighborhood planning, and
- build capacity for neighborhood organizations to implement more than 60 community-building activities such as neighborhood clean-ups and concerts in the park
Learn more about HomeSight community development projects here.