Building D Cooperative Housing
HomeSight is developing a limited-equity, residential housing cooperative at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and South Holly Park Drive in South Seattle’s Othello Neighborhood. All 68 units are affordable to families earning 80% Area Median Income and below at the time of purchase.
To be eligible purchasers must have a household income less than 80% of area median income by household size and be first-time homebuyers or not have owned a home in the last 3-years.
This 5-story mixed-use residential development will have 25 one-bedrooms, 35 two-bedrooms, and 8 three-bedrooms, underground parking, bike storage, and unit storage spaces. All units will be equipped with water and energy efficient fixtures and appliances including in-unit washers and dryers. Eight of the residential units are located on the ground floor along with one commercial unit and a central courtyard connected to interior amenity space equipped with a kitchen and a large multi-purpose space. There will also be communal sun decks on the 2nd and 4th floors.
- A diverse, multi-cultural community
- Burgeoning “Main Street” along Martin Luther King Jr. Way South
- Othello Park
- Grocery store
- Water conserving and energy efficient appliances and fixtures in all residential units.
- Rooftop solar panels to reduce unit energy costs
- Easily accessible walking neighborhood
- Bike trails
- Located one block from Othello Light Rail Station for quick access to downtown and other urban neighborhoods via Link Light Rail and King County Metro bus services
- Secure garage parking (limited)
- Bike storage
- Efficient elevator
- Open, flexible floor plans
- Abundant natural light
- In-unit washer/dryer
- Urban gardening opportunities on the communal shared sun decks
- High-speed internet provider choices
- Opportunities to gather and build community with neighbors
- Ground floor resident community space with full kitchen connected to communal outdoor gathering space fronted by quiet street
Othello Square (coming soon)
- Odessa Brown Children's Clinic
- Tiny Tot's Development Center
- Opportunity Center at Othello Square
- Public Plaza
- Banking options