HomeSight offers a number of homeownership opportunities in partnership with various organization throughout the state of Washington. Contact one of the organizations below for current inventory and don’t forget to sign up for a homebuyer education class through HomeSight!
Since 1991, HomeSight has developed over 350 housing units for first-time homebuyers in King and Snohomish Counties with a focus on providing homeownership opportunities to those at risk of being displaced. Be sure to check our available inventory here.
In addition, HomeSight provides first mortgages and purchase assistance. Purchase assistance is provided through private and public partnerships to qualified first-time home buyers in the form of a low interest loan. Purchase assistance can increase your buying power and help you build equity faster through:
- Low down payments (as low as 1% – actual figures vary based on specific purchase transactions and details)
- No mortgage insurance payments
- Affordable monthly payments for the life of the loan to qualify, you must meet (at a minimum) the requirements found here. If you are interested in learning more about HomeSight’s lending options contact a loan officer at (206) 723-4355 or sign up for an account in our customer portal to see your personalized options.
Habitat For Humanity
Habitat for Humanity provides affordable homeownership opportunities for income qualified families. Applicants selected for a Habitat for Humanity home will be required to participate in sweat equity and education classes during the homeownership process. Please see below for the areas that Habitat is currently building in King County.
- Veteran Specific Opportunities
Homestead Community Land Trust
Homestead Community Land Trust creates and preserves affordable homeownership opportunities for first time homebuyers in the Seattle area. Interested in learning more? Our orientation and application are available on our website. Or call us at 206-323-1227.
Habitat For Humanity
Habitat for Humanity provides affordable homeownership opportunities for income qualified families. Qualifications based upon: Willingness to Partner, Need, & Ability to Pay.
- Must have lived or worked in Pierce County for the last 12 consecutive months
- Ability to pay approximately $1,000/month toward mortgage, taxes, and insurance
- Willingness to volunteer a minimum of 200 hours (sweat equity)
- Cannot have owned property in the past 3 years
- Demonstrated need: unsafe/unhealthy living environment
- At least one applicant must have legal residency status
Tacoma Housing Authority
Tacoma Housing Authority is providing homeownership opportunities and potential down payment assistance to first time homebuyers for 31 homes in the City of Tacoma. Eligible purchasers will meet the following requirements:
- First –time homebuyer – someone who has not owned a home in the last three years – with some exceptions
- Complete a Homebuyer Education course
- Complete one-on-one counseling with a HUD approved counseling agency
- Contribute 1% or $2,500 from their own funds
- Monthly mortgage payment cannot exceed 35% of monthly qualifying income including full PITI payment
- Total household income must be at or under 80% of the area median income for Tacoma/Pierce County, based on Household size
|Household Size||Max. Income Limit for 2016|
Applicants will be required to work with HomeSight for eligibility determination and will need to sign up for an account and fill out a profile in our customer portal before they can be assessed and an offer will be accepted by Tacoma Housing Authority.
Housing Authority of Snohomish County
The Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO) was established in 1971 to provide affordable housing, enhance quality of life, and build safer and stronger communities.
HASCO is proud to offer affordable homeownership opportunities in two manufactured housing communities in Snohomish County. All of the residents in our manufactured housing communities own their homes and pay a modest monthly pad rent. If you are interested in learning more or purchasing a home in one of our manufactured housing communities, please email email@example.com or call 425-293-0574.
All Other Counties
Our HomeStarts program offers new construction homeownership opportunities with affordable monthly payments to qualified buyers in the Spokane area. When coupled with a first mortgage our program provides 100% financing with down payment assistance, and low monthly mortgage payments.
NeighborWorks of Grays Harbor County
NeighborWorks® of Grays Harbor County has homes for sale. Some are available on the market for anyone to purchase, others are controlled by various programs and may have restrictions on income, maintaining affordability and terms. NeighborWorks® owns many of these properties and so, depending on property and/or circumstances, may have some flexibility on financing (i.e. down payment loans/partially deferred payments/lease-to-own option). The availability of flexible financing varies greatly by program and is not available on all properties.